PS3 Firmware v2.50 Details
Details on what's to come in the next Firmware update for the PS3 have arrived via the Playstation.Blog. The only detail omitted was when this update would be available for download.
- Support for the PS3 Official Bluetooth Headset: High Quality mode will be enabled and an on-screen indicator will show battery life, volume level, and use of HQ mode.
- Playstation Trophies Interface Enhancements: Sharing and comparing trophies with friends becomes easier. Included is a symbol that represents your level as well as the percentage needed to reach the next one. The same is included when comparing trophies with friends.
- Friend Status: See how long it has been since the last time they logged in.
- Video: Adds Scene Search feature which lets you break up videos into 1, 2, or 5 minute scenes. You can also choose to have all videos in the section play in sequence.
- Playstation Store: You can now redeem PSN Cards and promotional code directly in the store rather than having to go to Account Management. That section has also been redesigned as well.
- Power Save Settings: Ability to set your PS3 and wireless controllers to turn off automatically after a set period of inactivity.
- Background Downloading: You can now have your PS3 turn off automatically after a background download or installation has completed.
- In-game Screenshots: Capture and share your favorite gameplay moments. Ability is supported on a game by game basis.
In addition, there are also to be some additional unnamed features and enhancements included. I must say, this is looking to be quite a meaty update. I'm most excited about the trophy enhancements, simply because I cannot get enough of them. How about you?