Resistance 2 Beta Now Live
Trying to unravel the complex intricacies of how to gain access to the Resistance 2 beta is like trying to decipher unified string theory drunk, hanging upside down - and in Swahili.
In an effort to elucidate the ongoing confusion we're happy to report something clear and concise regarding beta accessibility.
As of yesterday, the public beta in North America has begun. Greg Phillips over at the official PS blog gives us the full details but the main points are:
- Admittance will be granted in two waves. Qore and GameStop pre-orderers will get in first. If you're still waiting for your key, please note: "[...] they’re being sent out as we speak. But there are *a lot to send*, so they may take several hours to get out there. More details from Insomniac games coming soon, here on the [PlayStation] blog."
- People who apply via beta.myresistence.net (which goes live later) get the nod sometime in the middle of next week.
- This is also the time when we Europeans will hit the servers.
- The beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game with Orick, Chicago, and the Bay Area all featuring. Yes, some of these maps support 60 players online (check the blog for which).
- Co-Op is included in the beta with "the co-op portion [...] focused on Orick".
Oh, and Resistance 2 is now officially Gold. It will be released on the 4th and 28th of November in North America and Europe respectively.