Dead Space DLC; PS3 is missing out – [UPDATE]
EA announced earlier today that the first batch of Dead Space DLC was on the way. The Xbox 360 would see their downloadable content this Thursday (13th November), whilst the PS3 would wait one extra week.
[UPDATE] Our apologies to all. We got our original story wrong, but let us explain.
It seems there are two versions of the PR piece. The PR we received had no PSN pricing, so that begged the question ‘are these packs coming to the PSN’. We called EA to ask if these 10 packs were coming to Xbox 360 only at this point and they said ‘yes’.
We can’t legislate for bad information or incorrect answers, but we can put our hands up and say ‘sorry’ when we get it wrong. Article now edited for accuracy.
The extra good news is that European PS3 owners will get their exclusive content on the 13th also.
Firstly, you’ll be able to buy the Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack. This will include weapon skins in jet-black colours for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle.
Secondly, you can get your hands on the Obsidian Pack next week. This will include an upgraded Level 5 suit, and weapon skins for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle, all in jet-black colours.
Spot the difference? One has a new suit, the other doesn’t. Both have the same weapon ‘skins’, and they’re all ‘jet-black’ to match the PS3.
And forgive me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the upgraded Level 5 Obsidian suit itself make an appearance on the PlayStation Store back in October as a free download?
Meanwhile, take a look at the list of downloads that will come to the PS Store:
- Astronaut Pack: featuring an Astronaut Suit and new skins for the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper.
- Big Gun Pack: featuring the Steam Punk Force Gun, apparently ‘the ultimate in Necromorph-killing destruction’.
- Heavy Damage Pack: featuring a ‘cool new look’ and massive firepower for the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper.
- Hot Rod Pack: featuring awesome flame graphics for the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle. Awesome. 80 MS points
- Military Pack: a new look and enhanced power for all 7 Dead Space weapons.
- Pedestrian Pack: featuring a fresh new look for the Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter, and Ripper.
- Scorpion Pack: featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and powered up Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun, all decorated in an awesome red Scorpion Skin. Seriously, it’s awsome (the PR said so).
- Scorpion Weapon Pack: featuring a faster death-dealing Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun in awesome red skins. Did anyone mention how awesome these are?
- Speed Kills Pack: includes faster-firing Force Gun, Line Gun, and Plasma Cutter.
- Tank Pack: featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and powered up Flamethrower, Force Gun, and Line Gun, all covered in Unitology script.
European pricing is yet to be confirmed, but each of these items in the US will set you back between 1 and 4 dollars. Too much? You decide…