More LBP information than you could shake a Sackboy at
Much akin to other PS3 devoted sites out there, Media Molecule’s landmark game has featured heavily on our news desks each morning for the last innumerable months. In fact, we’ll be a “LittleBitSad” when we’re no longer reporting about Sackboy and Sackgirl with gay abandonment each day.
As a giant send off to the new Burlap King (Ed: Hessian King, if you’re British), here’s a round-up of today’s LittleBigPlanet news in one handy update:
- Might as well start with the bad news: the servers are down. In an effort to spin this as a positive, try and see this as testament to just how popular the game actually is. Don’t fret as, just like the launch week’s server hiccups, MM have decided to put a hard-hat on Sackboy and put him to work on server maintenance from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (GMT) as they introduce some “shiny new servers.”
- Alex Evans, resident LittleBigPlanet wunderkind and game producer, hasn’t stopped talking about the seminal game (and why should he?) and can be found over at ThreeSpeech talking up not only the game’s genesis, but also its future.
- Remember those costumes we were falling over ourselves for? They should be available today on the US store.
- You may also recall how we (preemptively) congratulated Sackboy (and Niko) for giving the PS3 a sales push over in Japan. Well, all signs are that the game is selling very well and the PS3 will be top of the hardware sales chart this week with nearly 40,000 units sold. (Yes, we’re including the indomitable Wii in this statement).
- Finally, you can’t have a global hit without some advertising. You may have already noticed the adverts popping up on European TV, but if not, our good friends over at TheSixthAxis have them for your viewing pleasure.Â There’s one more to come and it should be with us soon.
We’re sure with reports on user levels, the hard-drive import tool scandal, new Media Molecule updates that will unleash new dimensions of playability on us mere amateur level designers and, dare we say it, LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ll still be reporting on Sackboy and Co. for many moons to come.
But for now, the game’s out (Ed: and the servers should be back up!) so – go play, create, share, etc.