Final North American Street Fighter IV Box Art and Collector’s Edition Details
It’s here.Â The final box art for Street fighter IV has been unveiled and guess what, Chun-Li’s 15 minutes are officially up in North America until the Chun-Li-centric Street Fighter movie opens (why?).Â Capcom has done their homework in the form of listening to fans through their Unity boards, other interweb outlets and oddly enough, laser cats.
Intrigued?Â So was I, let’s see how our collective voices shaped both the standard and collector’s edition box art.
When the Japanese standard edition box art was revealed the rest of the world cried fowl, as Japan was obviously getting the infinitely cooler box art.Â This is the norm with Japan more often than not, and some people have made peace with that.Â But not this time, Street Fighter fans were extremely vocal about it and here we stand triumphant, also receiving Ikeno-sanâ€™s amazing Ryu vs Ken illustration in our game case.
The collector’s edition box is also Chun-Li free, at least the front anyway, Street Fighter poster boy Ryu is front and center in all his badassness.Â Take a look:
Much better no?Â The official details for the North American Street Fighter IV Collector’s Edition are:
- Street Fighter IV game.
- A limited-edition Ryu figurine (not sold anywhere else).
- Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind.Â A 65 minute BluRay anime movie (created by Studio 4C) that sets up the story of SFIV by explaining events post-SFII.Â (Chun-Li makes a comeback as CD art, yay?).
- A mini-strategy guide from Prima, written by the same people doing the full-on guide and illustrated by Udon Comics.
- CD soundtrack . Rock SFIV stage tunes in your car!
- â€¦Plus some secret additional downloadable content that Capcom are not ready to reveal yet.
That last point may be the most important of all.Â GameStop announced the contents of the collector’s edition about two weeks ago, revealing 5 downloadable costumes.Â Now GameStop simply lists ‘downloadable content’ and Capcom hints at ‘secret additional content’.Â Are they really cooking something better than downloadable costumes or was that the secret DLC that got leaked?Â Time will tell.
Stay tuned for the latest Street fighter IV info right here and let us know your feelings on all things Street Fighter IV, especially on this secret DLC business.Â What would you like to get in your collector’s edition DLC? Are downloadable costumes not going to cut it?Â Remember that Capcom may be reading, laser cats and all.
[Via Press Release]