UK PS3 charts: Take that, CoD WaW
Ladies and Gents, the time has come! After 4 long lasting weeks, Call of Duty: World at War finally fell from first place. Treyarch’s top-selling FPS is still kicking it though, since it now holds the second place of the charts. But which title managed to take the crown from the praised WaW?
Let’s find out in Chart Track’s UK Charts for week ending 13 December 2008…
1. LittleBIGPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.)
2. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
3. Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)
4. FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
5. Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
6. Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)
7. Prince of Persia (Ubisoft)
8. Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)
9. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (Sony Computer Ent.)
10. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (THQ)
You didn’t see that coming, did you? Well, stop rubbing your eyes; it’s true. LittleBIGPlanet deserves to be king of kings. Here at PS3 Attitude Towers, we were extremely happy – not surprised, since we knew it would happen eventually – to see it beating the First Person Shooters by the punch!
We already have mentioned that Cod WaW now is second, with Resistance 2 following. Passing by FIFA 09 and NFS: Undercover, we find Fallout 3. Bethesda’s chaotic creation sold even better this week, further proving our ‘epic games are for holidays’ theory.
Prince of Persia climbed two “steps” since last week. Isn’t it nice to see exquisite games like PoP getting the attention they deserve? We sure hope this Cel-shaded masterpiece keeps up its ascension to the top.
This week’s surprise is WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009. Not being a fan of the series – nor “sport” -, I just can’t understand why people like it. The way I see it, it’s the same game every year, just with improved visuals and up-to-date rosters. Well, I’m not here to judge; or am I?