SOCOM Confrontation 1.30 Update Live – Needs Updating Though
The long awaited 1.30 patch for SOCOM Confrontation went live January 9th.Â A myriad of issues were addressed and some requested features were added such as the now mandatory Trophies, D-pad lean and quick match/party features.
In order to resolve one of the more important issues with Confrontation, incorrect player stat tracking, and to have clean and correct stats for the Trophies, all player statistics were wiped clean during the update process.Â All was supposed to be well, the 1.30 update was the golden ticket to a smooth SOCOM experience.
Or so we thought.
A couple of the more critical glitches are back with a passion, community errors, stat errors and increased lag are all there to ruin our gaming groove.Â Again.Â No worries though, Sony and the Slant 6 team are aware of the issue and are hard at work on the issue.Â Again.
In the meantime you can try and play SOCOM, rack up stats and pray to your master sergeant that the stats need not be reset again.Â In the meantime, check out all of the new features and (clears throat) ‘fixes’ update 1.30 brought to us:
- In-game transparent scoreboard
- D-Pad lean (in addition to the motion controlled lean)
- Dive-to-prone position enhancement
- Stackable gear items (identical items are grouped together now)
- Pop-up radial menu more is more reliable and forgiving
- Revised ‘Lefty’ control preset
- Addition of the ‘Scout’ control preset
- SOCOM Awards (performance, service and weapons)
- PSN Trophies (collected only by playing in ranked games)
- Quick Match/Party system (16×16 Ranked, 16×16 Unranked and 16×16 Respawn)
- Fixes for over 100 issues
- Stability improvements
- Framerate/lag hitches fixed
- Many gameplay issues resolved
- Room name and game name added to the PSN buddy list presence
That’s a big list, there is no doubt that a lot of hard work went to update 1.30.Â It is sad to see that some of the issues they set up to fix are still present.Â At the same time, it must be extremely frustrating for the thousands of SOCOM players plagued by these issues (from day one no less) to be unable to have a smooth experience yet.Â SOCOM Confrontation did not have the most smooth or gracious launch, or beta for that matter.
What are your thoughts on the ongoing SOCOM Confrontation situation nation?Â Had enough?Â Still loyal?Â Would you rather play with a stick in the yard?Â Let us know in the comments.