The Fires of Dante’s Inferno
You might remember us mentioning Dante and his upcoming game, developed by the folks over at EA Redwood, a while back. No, we’re not talking about the devil slaying demon toting that giant sword of his. This Dante traveled through the nine circles of Hell in “The Divine Comedy”.
We bring you juicy details featured in the March issue of PSM3. Aside from a new look for the Middle Age poet, Inferno boasts controls and gameplay similar to God of War meets Deadspace…
According to PushSquare Dante’s Inferno will have the following:
- 60 frames per second!
- Dante Alighieri has been transformed intoÂ a “muscular six foot knight with magic powers” as he fights his way through Hell to rescue his lost love Beatrice from the clutches of death.
- Dante will encounter Death in “Limbo” as one of the firstÂ boss battles and steal his scythe (We imagine we will be able to wield the blade).
- The game share control schemes very similar to God of War.
- Artist Wayne Barlowe was chosen for the game because of his work on Barloweâ€™s Inferno. You can find some of his art here.
- Players will travel through all nine circles of Hell. Here they are in case you need a refresher: Limbo, The Lustful, The Gluttonous, The Avaricious, The Wrathful, The Heretics, The Violent, The Fraudulent, and finally the ninth circle that houses the worst of the worst, including the devil himself.
From reading Dante’s Inferno, we are very excited about this game. The types of creatures we imagine we’ll run into, aside from Death and Beelzebub himself, include Cerberus, the Minotaur, and hoards of other beasts from the story. If you’d like to read more on Dante or the rest of his travels, check him out here.