UK PS3 charts: The revenge of the FPSs
Here we are once again to report on the weekly sales of PS3 games in the United Kingdom. Since we entered 2009, new releases have been scarce, with only Skate 2 and Lord of the Rings: Conquest managing to achieve high sales. As it was expected, people had to make do with what was on the market. As a result, First Person Shooters made a dynamic comeback, with Call of Duty: World at War returning back on top. But CoD: WaW wasn’t the only FPS that made the Top 10.
Find out who outsold who in Chart Track’s UK charts for week ending 7 February 2009…
1. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
2. FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
3. LittleBIGPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.)
4. Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)
5. Skate 2 (Electronic Arts)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (Electronic Arts)
7. Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
8. Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
9. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
This week we don’t find any new surprises in the charts, since – as we mentioned earlier – we had no new releases. It seems that gamers made a U-turn to the past, by choosing to buy titles such as Resistance 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Wait, what? Modern Warfare on the Top 10?
As the title implies, FPS titles had their revenge this week, with Resistance 2 climbing to the fourth place and CoD 4 in the 10th. If you include CoD: WaW in the mix, you have 3 First Person Shooters in the Top 10. And Killzone 2 isn’t even out yet..