SOCOM Update 1.41 is HUGE; fixes everything (maybe) in lieu of European launch
Cast your mind back a few weeks when we reported on an international crisis of a different kind regarding SOCOM Medley games for players of one region getting launched on servers located in another.
This was also known as “Let’s see how much lag we can create as humanly possible.”
The SOCOM server guys have been hard at work reconfiguring the farm with the happy news today (or yesterday, whatever) that, not only have they completely eradicated the rogue region based latency issue, but they’ve also tweaked a whole bunch of other known problems, forging together a new release (1.41 if you’re still counting) that promises to finally make SOCOM be the best it can be. Or, failing that, a robust online experience would suffice.
Check after the jump for what’s part of this mammoth (529MB) update.
With the European launch literally only around the corner, it does appear that the Slant Six crew have bundled a hell of a lot of changes into one final push.
Apart from the lag fixes, here’s what’s also new:
- XMB presence – Medley Game information has been abbreviated, displaying all information required to identify the location of the player.
- Late Join ‘Hitch’ improvements – addresses the pause experienced by players when someone late joins a game.
- Navigating Screens With Large Clans â€“ slow down issue fixed
- Increased speed of fade at the beginning of the round.
- Quick Match -
Increased countdown timer in Quick Match Pre Game lobby from 20 to 60 seconds.
Enabled Quick Match team switching.
Ranked, Unranked and Unranked Respawn games, each contains 6 different playlists: 3 8vs8 and 3 16vs16 players.
- Claymores can now be detonated when player is in the prone position
If you’re wondering what the hell happened to the 1.40 release, don’t worry, it’s not missing in action or trapped behind enemy lines never to be seen again. Originally intended for just us Europeans to get us started with the game, the SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team explains that “we combined the 1.40 and the 1.41 together to speed the deployment of the above fixes.”
Makes sense to us.