Key Features to Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
The official description page for Ratchet and Clank’s next adventure has been added to PlayStation.com and with it comes details of what we can expect this fall.
New and crazy gadgets and abilities are just a few of the goodies we can expect from the developers over at Insomniac.
The game will also “answer some of the franchise fansâ€™ largest questions.” Does this mean we finally learn about Ratchet’s origins? We believe so…
After discovering that Clankâ€™s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clankâ€™s capture is just the beginning of Nefariousâ€™s latest diabolical plot. In this follow-up to the best-selling series, Ratchet & ClankÂ® Future: A Crack in Time puts players into the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, theyâ€™ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clankâ€™s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universeâ€™s greatest duo to separate for good?
- An original new adventure and story that answers many of fansâ€™ most-asked questions and wraps up the story arc that started in Ratchet & ClankÂ® Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & ClankÂ® Future: Quest For Booty.
- Non-linear levels with plenty of hidden areas to explore, and new gadgets like the Hoverboots that let Ratchet soar to new heights.
- All-new Clank gameplay and special â€œTimeâ€ abilities that bring new meaning to â€œpast selvesâ€.
- The seriesâ€™ renowned arsenal gets even larger with brand new weapons, as well as weapons that players can customize with various modifications.
- New space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables.
We wonder what they mean by “past selves.” Perhaps players will get the chance to play as Ratchet or Clank in their previous life? While you have the duo on your mind, why not design a weapon for the game as previously announced?