SOCOM: Confrontation 1.50 patch fixes more stuff
As yet another patch for SOCOM: Confrontation pokes its helpful but somewhat condemning head into the limelight, we’re starting to think maybe Slant Six should have called the game “SOCOM: Patch Adams” instead.
Just like the last patch that arrived around the time of the European launch, 1.50 promises to remedy some issues (a large number of level exploits are now plugged), introduces features that really should have been part of the game from day-one (ability to join directly into a friend’s game straight off your friend’s list springs to mind) and re-balances some elements of the game that, admittedly, only come after a game has been released to the wild and in hind-sight need tweaking.
We’re not saying patching a game is wrong. We actually believe it’s a positive thing that games can have their shortcomings addressed post launch. But when serious issues are frequently remediedÂ months after the game has been on the market via patch after patch (there was actually another patch between the ‘European’ patch [1.41] and the upcoming 1.50 that we missed completely), you have to ask yourself – was this game launched before it was ready?
Here’s the list of items you’ll be getting when 1.50 graces your PS3:
- Added the ability to join directly into a friend’s game off of the friend’s list.
- Added password protected custom games.
- Drastically improved the weapon selection ring. You can now move while selecting weapons and the weapon selection is much faster and more accurate.
- Slightly reduced the Famas accuracy.
- Improved the damage of the Desert Eagle. One shot kill with light and medium armor.
- Improved sniper rifle damage. One shot kills with bolt action rifles on light and medium armor.
- Fixed a large number of level exploits.
- Channel names are sorted alphabetically by default.
- Reduced the long fade in at the beginning of rounds to less than 1 second (the “darkness” is gone).
- Added a 30 second game start timer to games when greater than 60% of the players ready up.
- Clan patches are now displayed on your character in-game.
- Clan tags are now displayed with your player name in-game.
- Added center markers to all scopes and changed the color of the crosshairs so that they are visible at night.
- Kill cam stops following target after 5 seconds.
- Button prompts in death cam fade out after 5 seconds.
- Target Spotting now defaults to off.
- Weapons selected in-game are not saved to your custom loadout.
Along with the aboveÂ laundry list, Slant Six state that “Tournaments, Clan Ladders and the Calendar” are also features they’re hard at work on. What they don’t mention is any hint towards the release date of 1.50. We can only hope it materialises before we complete our (European) review.