Free Realms adds Guilds
Having trouble dealing with the recent population explosion in Free Realms at the moment? Help is now at hand with the introduction of a handy Guild feature in the kitschy MMO.
Just like a guild in real life, Free Realms’ version allows like-minded people to hang out, chat and, if it takes your fancy, teleport to one another. OK, the last part might be something specific to the online version.
In order to form a guild you must be level 15 in at least one “job”. As soon as your secret society is set up, all you need to do is fire off invites to your friends at which point you’ll find out if they actually like you or not.
Of course, just like any gathering of egocentric people, Guilds have a complex social pecking order. New arrivals are designated scum Recruits with Guild Leaders capable of promoting individuals to the ranks of Leader, Official or Member. The Officer rank is where it’s at with the power to boot Members and Recruits at will.
In other Free Realms news, strange things are afoot “across the land.” The following “sub-quests” are noted as being part of a bigger adventure. You can jump in wherever you so wish:
- A Royal Courier is in trouble in Greenwood Forest
- Impress Sal Monella at Blackspore, and see where the next adventure takes you
- Henry Farnum has trouble with the local hooligans
- If you rescue Starshine’s child, she will have another task for a hero like you
- Help Sorin out near the Bat Caves, and see where he’ll send you to, or
- Complete Ceard Bauchlog’s task for further instructions
Free Realms launches for the PS3 this fall but is available, now, on the PC.
Via Twitter and Official Site