inFAMOUS Goes Fact Crazy; Then Goes Home
We like Sucker Punch (and inFAMOUS too!).Â Instead of pushing the numbers of on-screen pixels, frame rates per second, draw distances and all that technical jargon, we get numbers that really matter.Â Numbers that we can relate to.
The July issue of Game Informer has a number of fun facts from the Sucker Punch team about what really went down during the development of PS3’s latest exclusive darling inFAMOUS.
On top of that, there is an announcement that some of you homies will find very pleasing.Â That’s right; inFAMOUS is getting a Home space.Â The nebulous timeframe of ‘very soon’ is given, but next week the US PlayStation.Blog will have more details on it.Â But enough about that, on with the facts then!
The following took place during the development cycle of inFAMOUS.
- Number of babies born: 10
- Number of babies born to a single employee: 2
- Number of separate art, code and media check-in submissions: over 70,000
- Number of diet Coke cans consumed: 17,472
- Number of diet Pepsi cans consumed: 13,104
- Number of high rise buildings constructed within three city blocks: no less than 14
- Number of trips to Starbucks: approximately 18,200
So what can we take from these numbers?Â Coke beats Pepsi, Coffee beats both, and someone in Sucker Punch is a stud.
In addition, inFAMOUS was the fastest demo to reach the 1 million milestone on the PlayStation Network and inFAMOUS was the fifth best-selling software title in May after being on shelves for a measly six days.
So if you are interested in a career in game development we recommend the following: prophylactics, plenty of Pepsi and Coke cans and a Starbucks card.