Uncharted 2 beta updated to 1.10
While we’ve been busyÂ clamouring for beta keys, it’s important to remember the real purpose for the Uncharted 2 beta: to find issues and then fix them.
As those of us in the Drake-themed testing playground – blind-tossing grenades and reporting bugs akimbo – may already know, the beta has now received its first update. Clocking up a healthy whole 10 points, the Naughty Dog developer wildspeculation hasÂ unearthed the following new artifacts over at PlayStation.com. Â Â
Brace yourself, here comes the science bit:
- Grenade explosions now apply damage properly
- Players should no longer get hung up in matchmaking for long periods of time
- Ranks should no longer reset randomly
- Quitting the game will no longer reset the PS3
- Player collision â€“ players should no longer get hung up on each other when moving through the environment
- Player will now be killed if stuck in falling animation for too long
- In Plunder mode, treasures will no longer disappear during matches
A hearty slew of welcome updates; especially a fix for the PS3 resetting issue which, we have to admit, was starting to grate a little.
Also, in a bizarre twist of fate in relation to the first bug fix above, all players’ ranks will be reset upon installation of the update. Back to the start guys.