FIFA 10 Teaser Video And Screens
We hope you had enough of FIFA 09, because FIFA 10 is just around the corner.Â EA is churning out this year’s update to the football (not to be confused with gridiron football) franchise like only they can.
FIFA 10 aims to “deliver a new standard for authenticity with gameplay refinements and innovations that will make it the most complete and intelligent simulation of football”.Â We may have heard the same about FIFA 09 last year; apparently standards for authenticity and innovation get yearly updates as well.
Never mind that, FIFA 10 makes a strong case for this year’s improvements with feedback from a staggering 275 million games played online from September 2008 to June 1st, 2009.Â That’s a lot of feedback.
You know the old saying: With great feedback comes great improvements.Â Or something to that effect.Â Here are the key features of this year’s FIFA game:
- 360Â° Dribblingâ€”The first-ever true 360Â° dribbling system in a soccer game.
- Skilled Dribblingâ€”All-new animation warping technology provides unprecedented control.
- Freedom in Physical Playâ€”Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession.
- Player Urgencyâ€”Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning.
- Improved Trapping Intelligence â€”Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is.
- Advanced Positioning â€”Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates.
- More Accurate Passing â€”Players better analyze space resulting in pinpoint passes.
- Authentic Shooting â€”Refinements to the shooting system and modifications of the ball physics create a more realistic variety of shots.
- Varied Defending Options â€”Slide Tackle targeting has been enhanced. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker.
- Refined Goalkeeper Intelligence â€” numerous improvements mean that goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system.
- Manager Mode Authenticityâ€”More than 50 major improvements were designed to create an authentic experience to mimic the real-world game. Match results are based on team and player strengths and weaknesses.
- Continuous Gameplayâ€” Maintain the atmosphere, pace, and intensity of a match with quick free kicks and referee carding.
- New Practice Arenaâ€”Work on individual skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch.
After reading this, are you ready to give FIFA 10 a try or does it feel just like more of the same?