NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Will Keep You Busy Until NBA 2K10
You will be forced to dust your copy of NBA 2K9 in anticipation of NBA 2K10 no more!Â 2K Sports announced today that a new downloadable title will make the waiting for NBA 2K10 that more pleasurable with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.Â But what exactly is a Draft Combine?Â The real life counterpart is apparently about long interviews with prospective teams, a bunch of drills and a physical.Â Not really videogame material right?
Right.Â But this downloadable PSN title is more like the ‘pre-draft camp’ the new ‘draft combine’ used to be.Â In the ‘pre-draft camp’ era, there were 5-on-5 and 3-on-3 scrimmages, now it’s all about uncomfortable questions.Â In the videogame Draft Combine, you create your own player and hone his attributes with drills and 5-on-5 games.Â If this is your definition of NBA pre-season fun, then read on.Â If not, then we offer this as an alternative read.
Developed by Visual Concepts and coming this September to the PlayStation Network for $4.99, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will let you create your own custom player with the utmost detail and begin their career by going through the NBA Draft Combine at the ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.Â If looking at a virtual dude in NBA gear for hours on end deciding every aspect of his NBA existence is your cup of tea, then you hit the jackpot.Â Exclusive access to online content, and the first chance to try some of NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, like the advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode are also things you may be interested in.
The feature list of NBA 2K10: Draft Combine includes:
- Building custom players by working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, and increasing their NBA stock through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games.
- Over 300 different signature customizations, including player-specific shooting animations, dunk and dribble packages and more to allow each created player to have his own unique personal style.
- Ability to strengthen all parts of the created playerâ€™s game with a variety of drills, such as shooting, post offense and defense, attacking the basket, dribbling, challenging shots, boxing out for rebounds and more to progress through the NBA Draft Combine.
- Organized games that will allow players to gain valuable skill points and offer a variety of specific in-game objectives that will need to be accomplished in order to gain them. At the end of each game, a full analysis will be available for gamers to review their playerâ€™s performance and strategize their further improvement.
- All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will wear a special patch on their uniform throughout the rest of that playerâ€™s career to denote that they have completed the NBA Draft Combine.
- Online leaderboards to track the highest ranking custom built players, and where a player stacks up against the competition.
- Opportunity to unlock special trophies.
- Fans can take their custom built players from NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey of becoming an NBA legend.
Great news for NBA fanatics, talk about manipulating every aspect of your player.Â Is this what a professional manager does all day everyday?Â Is that something you are looking forward to do?