UFC 2009 patch will make cheaters tap
It’s the usual list of balance tweaks but, if you’re one of the many people out there who have nearly arm-barred a member of your family in frustration due to the amount of cheating going on in the online mode of the game, you’ll be happy to hear THQ are addressing the issue.
Probably one of the most frustrating elements of online gaming in this new digital age is the practice of petty people, unable to accept defeat like a noble samurai, engaging in a practice that is colloquially known as “plug-pulling.” Rather than take a beating like a man (or woman), the ignoble cheaters quit the game early denying the rightful victor their prestigious win.
Post-patch, if you decide to chicken out and run from your PS3 rather than doing the manly thing and tapping out like a girl, you will no longer get away with it. The patch details are:
- We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
- Weâ€™ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues weâ€™ve seen to date.
- Weâ€™ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
- Weâ€™ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
- Weâ€™ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and weâ€™ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
- Weâ€™ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
- Weâ€™ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
- Weâ€™ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
- For PS3 users weâ€™ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.
Good news for fans of the popular MMA game. Unless of course you’re one of those cable-yankers. Shame on you if you are.