Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars gets free update
Despite this, however, we’re always happy to talk about any game getting a free update; even if that game sounds like a Power Rangers spin-off.
Psyonix Studio’s Unreal powered Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars! (phew!) is about to get a serious tune-up with new maps, car skins and numerous tweaks to both handling and network play all for the amazingly low price of absolutely nada.
Posting over at the official US blog, Psyonix’s Corey Davis divulges the main points of the upcoming free update:
- Itâ€™s free!
- Two brand new maps: â€œGalleonâ€, set aboard a pirate ship at night, and â€œStadiumâ€, based on a sprawling European-style football field (cheering fans included!)
- Many improvements to the handling of lag and servers with slow internet connections in general
- Two new skins for each car, 14 in total
- Updates to our unique replay editor so you can more easily record your favorite highlights and upload them directly to YouTube!
- Tons of bug fixes and general improvements
Sounds good to us though you can check out some footage of the new content below and let us know what you think in the comments.