GC09; EyePet Gets Wet!
Remember in our EyePet preview we revealed the system by which you can clean your rat monkey critter?
Well now there is a video showing this off, courtesy of PS3Hype.
High quality cam footage from the floor at GamesCom 09 lets us all see the creature (and the game) being put through its paces in real time; no smoke and mirrors here.
It’s at the end of the video, for the impatient out there. There are some interesting points worth noting about the video, too.
- The screen steams up when you shower the Pet. You can ‘wipe’ this steam away, which is a nice feature
- EyePet sometimes runs away when you try to get him wet or wash off the bubbles.
- The card acts as your Swiss army knife (i.e. your toolkit – we don’t condone trying to skewer him with a corkscrew)
- The tool you need next appears in the top right when it is time to change. Remember with the EyeToy games, you made wigglyfingers™ over what you wanted to choose? Same idea here, only this time without the movement.
- EyePet can get caught in giant bubbles – we hadn’t seen this before!
- EyePet is always paying attention to movement in the camera’s field of view, even if it’s unintentional!
Did you notice something we didn’t? Take a look at the video before letting us know in the comments.