Borderlands gets patched up
For those that haven’t noticed yet, a new version update for Borderlands is now live in the US and it makes the game even more enjoyable.
- Load times have been improved
- various localization and other text and tooltip corrections
- Lilith’s Phase Strike ability now works as intended
- fixed a bug which caused the dollars counter to spin continuously
- Changed how space required for saves is calculated
- fixed a bug in which players gibbed in arena combat disappeared
- A bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games has been fixed
- Players in a lobby should no longer experience long loading when starting a game after one player leaves
- The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly
- fixed a crash when ejecting the disc during the autosave warning splash screen
- fixed a bug that caused the digger elevator to be unusable after completing the Find Tannis mission
- Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right
That’s an impressive amount of fixes made, and the developers insist that they will continue to fix issues for all versions of the game as soon as possible.
If you haven’t bought the game yet due to complaints about bugs, you should just take the plunge and buy it already. The developers have proven that they are taking the problems seriously, and they are definitely taking swift action to assure the best possible experience.
Have you tried the new update yet? What are your impressions?