Marvel vs. Capcom 2 update is now available
Version 1.01 weighs in at 200MB and went live on Friday, October 30th. With the help of the online community, Capcom has been able to address many of the issues that plagued Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Sadly though, no new features were put into the game. According to Capcom, there are restrictions to what can be done to a title like this, and they hope that the major bugs have been fixed.
Here is the full list of fixes:
- Cable’s Hyper Viper Beam has been fixed so that it is blockable if you block during the flash. There were many reports that other moves had the same issue but they seemed to be incorrect. Note, this was a bug fix and not a design change.
- Magneto’s Tempest was dealing incorrect amounts of chip damage. Each hit of the Tempest is supposed to randomly deal 1 point or 0 points of chip damage. Right now they either all deal 1 point of damage or they deal 0. Random has been reintroduced.
- Jin’s lp, mp, Cyclone Hyper was not combo’ing correctly. This has been fixed so that it combos correctly.
Are you tired of your game freezing when you searching for online games? Of course you are! Here are the PS3 specific bug fixes:
- The title will no longer crash most of the time when using the “Search for Match” function.
- Overall online stability has been improved, particularly when using headsets.
Was there anything that wasn’t fixed that you would like to see patched up? Let us know what you think. It should be noted that the gameplay that was in the original MvC2 is not going to be changed, so if it existed then, it won’t be fixed for the downloadable version.