LittleBigPlanet Update 1.21 ‘Leerdammer’ out Monday
Update 1.21, which has commonly been referred to as ‘Leerdammer’ will bring a slew of new features, the biggest of which is Online Create, all for the amazing price of free.
Online Create will allow you to create and customize levels with up to three other sackpeople across the internet. Match-making has also been reworked so that the game searches for players based on location to provide a lower ping and less lag.
The methods to which you save your games have been tweaked a bit, with both Game Data and Save Data folders. Saves are automatically stored in the Game Data folder but new tools have been made available so that you can back up your profile or levels for transfer to another PS3. Check out the official LittleBigPlanet website for more specific details on this feature.
Those were the BigBig features. Here are the rest of the LittleBig features. Be sure to download the update come Monday. We’ll see you online, creating those masterpieces!
- If you play a level but do not complete it, a silver Sackboy medal will be displayed on the badge, to get a gold medal you must complete the level.
- We made the LittleBigStore a bit easier to navigate and also to download things after purchase.
- There is now an option to ‘Auto-Reject’ invitations from other players. The option is in ‘Profile Settings’. If you have this set to ‘On, no one will be able to join you unless you choose to ‘Play Online’. This setting is not saved to your profile and needs to be set every time you play.
- Sticker switches have been made more noticeable and give better feedback to the player when attempting to place stickers on them.
- Checkpoints can now be activated using switches.
- Race Gates can be made thin again!
- You can now use the Sticker and Decoration tool and turn Sackboy around while in Customisation mode.
- Added the QWERTY keyboard layout to the text chat menu.
- Play, Create, Share scores have been removed – we thought these scores were a good idea but they never worked in the way we wanted them to. They may return one day. Maybe.
- If you collect a key whilst playing a community level, you will now see the level unlocking for you once the level you are playing has been completed. You can also search for linked levels in the search menu.
- Pressing L2 and R2 while browsing community levels can now show you the name or the author of each level on the earth as well as the Heart Count and Rating.