MAG box art and stats revealed
By the look of the statistics revealed on the Official US PlayStation blog, it would appear so.
Here’s the numbers:
- More than 42,000 matches were played over the course of the full public beta (August 17 – December 5).
- During October’s beta period alone nearly 534,000+ miles were traveled in-game by MAG players each week
During the final month of the Beta 4 and 4.5 periods (November 9 – December 5):
- Of the more than 65,000 players that logged on, 17,000 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 3500 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 1100 folks made it all the way to OIC, and 206 dedicated warriors made it all the way to the level 60 experience cap.
- Nearly 18 million kills were made and an excess of 700 million shots were fired.
- The Top 3 most played maps all belonged to the Sabotage mode. They were, in order, Syr Darya Uplink, Darien Network, and Copper Hills Relay.
As for the box art (above), it’s not the best we’ve seen but it hardly ranks up there with some of the stinkers we can recall from the last couple of decades of gaming. But who cares about what the box looks like? It’s like what our mothers always said: it’s what’s inside that counts.
MAG launches on January 26th, 2010.