Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3 beta prompts 130 changes/fixes
The majority of the list consists of weapon and damage adjustments along with some tweaks to vehicles and other aesthetics.
Here are just a few of the changes that have been made.
- Completely reskinned the weapons and scopes for much improved visual quality.
- The reddot sight no longer has a FOV penalty compared to iron sights.
- Pistols now have the same FOV level as other weapons in iron sights.
- Tons of weapon tweaks to improve the balance of play.
- Increased accuracy when stationary and aiming for better first shot accuracy.
- Decreased accuracy when moving and aiming, especially for sniper rifles.
- Several gun specific balance tweaks to bring them in line with the other weapons of that class.
- Lowered the damage of the XM8 and F2000 at close range.
- Lowered the damage of the AN94 at long range.
- Raised the accuracy of the M16′s burst.
- Lowered the damage of the Type88 LMG.
- Raised the damage of the MG3.
- Raised the damage of the M249.
- Fixed the recoil of the M249 when equipped with a reddot sight.
- Lowered the damage of the SMGs and Carbines at extreme range.
- Lowered the accuracy on the move for the SCAR-L, AKS-74u, and the XM8c.
- Raised the damage of shotguns, especially for the pump shotguns and slugs.
- Semiauto and Auto snipers and slug shotguns cannot 1 shot headshot at extreme range.
In case you weren’t able to get in on all the action, there is a PC beta scheduled to launch later this month in addition to a console demo closer to the game’s release.