Challenge mode coming to Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype
This mode will ramp up the replay value by revisiting levels and completing specific tasks, netting trophies, bonus items, and other unique rewards in the process.
The development team have had a few extra months to work on the new challenge mode along with a few other tweaks here and there and are pleased to announce that the game will be coming Q2 2010, exclusively to the PS3.
Updated key features:
- Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across Underwater Worlds, Ice Caves, Tunnel Worlds, Space and other deadly scenarios.
- Unlock plenty of bonus features in the challenge mode, ranging from useful to prestigious rewards.
- High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, combined with an addictive classical 2D gameplay.
- Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
- Two new playerships with their own characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
- New bullet pattern system that require for your best skills.
- Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system to face the most dangerous tasks.
- Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
- Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
- Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with close to 30 unique tracks and hundreds of dedicated sound effects.