MAG patch v1.04a goes live today – life is all about balance
We love MAG here at PS3 Attitude. It seems we aren’t the only ones though, and the servers are always jammed full of people trying to make their mark on the Shadow War.
Whether you favour SVER, Raven or Valor, Zipper Interactive is keen to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for you.
They have already been kind enough to provide us with several patches over the past couple of months – taking in feedback from the MAG community and generally making things run smoother.
So what can we expect from patch v1.04a?
It looks like just a bit of general tweaking and refining – which is no bad thing. MAGblog had the following to say;
“Ask any shooting game aficionado you know and they’ll tell you that “balance” is the key to success.
After all, you can have all the bells, whistles, and kitchen sinks on the planet but at the end of the day, it’s how well your game plays over time that keeps people coming back.
It’s with that philosophy in mind that we’re releasing the first of several planned updates for MAG in the coming weeks and months, version 1.04a.”
Details of the patch are as follows;
- Adjusted player boundaries to limit spawn camping exploits in Darien Network, Copper Hills Relay and Syr Daria Uplink maps.
Map – Syr Daria Uplink
- Pushed in physical defensive boundary for Attacker’s Alpha Squad spawns ten metres.
- Removed two short staircases in front of Attacker’s Alpha Squad spawn.
- Relocated box truck to block sightline on Attacker’s right side at Objective A stairwell.
- Added box truck to block sightline exploit to Attacker’s Alpha squad main entrance.
- Added fence line to Attacker’s right side at Objective A.
- Pushed parachute drop near Objective C forward by twenty five metres.
- Added new entrance to Objective C building in right corner.
- Added additional geometry near Objective C to block sightline exploits near main door.
- Added and removed various small object and panel locations to repair or enhance sightlines.
- Multiple terrain repaints in various locations.
- Fixed crash that sometimes occurred when reviving players who died while interacting with objective.
Report for download at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT. Dismissed.