Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Dante, Captain America, Deadpool, and Felicia confirmed
It looks like our predictions were correct. When the debut trailer for MvC3 finally hit the net, we noticed silhouettes of characters that looked just like Dante and Deadpool. Turns out it was them!
The latest issue of GameInformer revealed tons of information about the newly revealed characters. Thankfully, Eventhubs managed to compile a list of all the major details.
- MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.
- The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
- MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.
- The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
- Deadpool’s teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.
- Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the “shock stick.”
- Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks’ Supers are shown.
Deadpool being able to use his health bar as a weapon is hilarious and very fitting to his character. It looks like Dante will be based on his appearance from DMC3, but he will have all of his techniques from the series. He will be able to juggle with his pistols, use his guitar, and even activate his Devil Trigger. Chris Redfield is loaded with a pistol, submachine gun, magnum, shotgun, satellite laser, and a grenade launcher with various rounds of ammo. Chris can also bust out the electricity rod from RE5 and whack opponents. Hopefully he has his boulder punch…
Here are some GameInformer scans:
If you haven’t been keeping up, 10 characters have been confirmed so far:
- Iron Man
- Captain America
- Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 5)
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
- Felicia (Darkstalkers)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is expected to release during the Spring of 2011. We’ll keep you updated as soon as more information is released.