Rocket Knight coming to the PSN in May
Konami’s Rocket Knight was announced last October and it’s finally making its way to the PSN later this month. For whatever reason, PS3 owners have to wait an additional 6 days to get their hands on the game.
Sparkster made his debut in 1993 back when animal mascots with attitudes were big. Unlike many of the Sonic clones released at the time, Rocket Knight Adventures was actually pretty good! While it’s clear that SEGA’s blue hedgehog had some influence on the developers, Rocket Knight Adventures had its own identity that stood out from the rest.
Here are the key features:
- Gorgeous next-gen graphics and dazzling new environments. You’ve never seen Sparkster like this before!
- All new levels and challenges. Four exciting new worlds, featuring expansive platform stages and thrilling flight stages!
- Classic rocket action gameplay. Launch and bounce Sparkster through obstacles and enemies that get in his way!
- Ricochet off walls
- Create a Burst Vortex to repel enemy bombs right back at them!
- Use Burst Assist and hover in place to maneuver in mid-air
- Shoot Burst Projectiles from Sparkster’s sword to attack distant foes
- Rocket Drill through weak walls and create new passageways
- Hang from and slide down rails with your prehensile tail
- Who’s the best? Show off your high scores and fastest times with Leaderboards
Sounds pretty good to us. Based on the trailer, this looks like a game that will be really fun to play. The price for Rocket Knight has not been announced yet and neither has a European release date. We’ll keep you updated once that information is available.
Konami just announced on their facebook page that Rocket Knight will release on May 12th in PAL territories. Yay!
Rocket Knight will be available on May 18th for $14.99 in North America.