Super Street Fighter IV update contains gameplay tweaks
SSFIV’s assistant producer, Tomoaki Ayano, updated the developer blog with new details about the June update. This is the same update that features the free online Tournament Mode that was announced back in April.
According to andriasang, the update will address a few issues that Capcom noticed with the game.
The patch will fix the following:
- Certain Fei Long combos turning into an endless combo
- When you unleash an Ultra Combo and time freezes, your guard input cancels out. This, Ayano admitted, is actually something that was known prior to the release, but they left it in as an interesting play mechanic. After the game’s release, they realized that there were a number of characters that ended up in being able to unleash their Ultra Combos with no risk.
- The effect of Sagat’s Angry Charge move does not reflect on his EX Tiger Uppercut in some circumstances.
- Counter damage against Bison’s Ultra Combo II Psycho Punisher move is too low
- When Ibuki attacks a ducking Chun-Li, the second hit of the attack will not register
- When Ibuki rises from the ground in certain instances, she’ll retain her invincibility for a long time.
The Fei Long infinite combo is actually a well known issue. This would be the second time that Capcom fixes the loop (it was patched in the original SFIV as well). It’s interesting how such a combo managed to make a reappearance in Super. It should be noted that the combo only worked against Seth and Abel in SFIV. The combo has been confirmed to work on Juri in Super SFIV.
The Tournament Mode update is scheduled to release on June 15th.