Top Gun details released; new dialogue, new modes, and trophies
It’s time to fly right into the danger zone with Maverick and Goose this summer with Top Gun. Last week we announced that the game was coming to the PSN this summer and now we have more details regarding the title.
Featuring new dialogue written by Jack Epps Jr. himself, new modes, and the ability to earn 12 trophies, it’s sure to please all Top Gun high flyers.
- Talk to Me Goose: With all-new dialogue and storyline written by the film’s screenwriter, Jack Epps, Jr., players talk trash with Iceman, Merlin, Slider, and the rest of the flyers from the film.
- You’re a Hell of a Pilot. Maybe Too Good: Feel the need for speed! With arcade controls, players defy the laws of gravity as they dodge enemy planes using inverts, dives and spins.
- Too Close for Missiles, I’m Switching to Guns: Players go up against the best as they outmaneuver and shoot down bogeys using short and long range missiles and Vulcan cannons.
- This is the Real Thing. This is What You’ve Been Trained for: Top Gun features three single player and five multiplayer modes.
- Flight School: Players enroll as Maverick at Top Gun Academy and train to handle the breakneck speeds of hitting the “after burner” and the “tunnel vision” that poses a threat during high G-force maneuvers.
- Campaign Mode: After training to be the best of the best, players join the fight above the Indian Ocean for 11 total missions at various times of day.
- Horde Mode: Bogeys like fireflies all over the sky! Solo players get to test their flight combat abilities as they take down endless waves of enemies of increasing difficulty. Top scores will appear on leader boards. Remember, no points for second place.
- Online Multiplayer: Players can enlist in the US Navy or join the Soviet air forces and go head-to-head with opponents in five different modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Top Gun (choose your wingman and compete against enemy pairs), Bombing Run (defend and attack mobile bases) and Capture the Flag. Players can choose to battle at three times of day across multiple environments.
- Tower, This is Ghost Rider Requesting a Flyby: Players take their RIO along and buzz the tower!
- It Takes a Lot More Than Just Fancy Flying: Players can unlock three sonic jets from the Navy and three from the Soviets with varying speed, maneuverability and weapon load.
- The Plaque for the Alternates is Down in the Ladies Room: Unlock up to 12 Trophies.
- Fly Into the Danger Zone: Top Gun features the classic compositions “Danger Zone” and the “Top Gun” anthem.