MAG Interdiction DLC arriving worldwide on June 22nd
You may remember that a few weeks ago we were drooling all down ourselves here at Attitude Towers in anticipation for some hinted at DLC for our shooter of choice MAG.
Well an announcement yesterday from Zipper Interactive’s Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has finally put us out of our misery and, although not the regression to fighting with swords and sandals that some of our readers predicted, the new content is looking pretty fantastic.
‘Interdiction’ is the first expansion pack for the game and will release worldwide on June 22nd with a $9.99 price-tag. That may seem a little pricey for many, but rest assured it seems you will be getting plenty of bang for your buck. For starters you get 3 brand new maps, Lake Bayano Spur, Sovot Motorway, and Iron Cree Quarry. Even better is that all three maps are completely faction neutral, meaning that all sides can play any of the maps whenever they want.
But this is no mere map pack. As the DLC name suggests you also get a whole new mode, Interdiction, to play over the new maps.
The premise of Interdiction is fairly simple. Two rival factions are both challenged with attacking and seizing control of three command posts, with each post held by your team adding to your own score while depleting the enemy’s. In this respect we envision it playing similarly to the ’King of the Hill’ or ‘Turf War’ modes of Uncharted 2, although the sheer number of players (Interdiction supports 128 at a time) could see a much more protracted tug-of-war-style struggle.
To make the action even more frantic each faction will be assisted by several heavily armed convoys, and each squad will also receive its own APC. That makes 16 vehicles on the map, all potentially converging on one fiercely contested firefight!
As an extra bonus Zipper are also throwing in a “Heavy Improved” armour set, which they promise will turn any soldier into a ‘walking tank’. Well, you’d need it if you were ever to come up against a Team Attitude sniper!
Last but not least the DLC will come with some brand new medals, ribbons, and three new trophies for all you magpies out there. A full list complete with requirements can be found at the end of the article.
Well our drooling has finally been satiated, will any of our readers be joining us in heading back to MAG on June 22nd?
- Jump Start – Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
- Mowing the Grass – Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
- Dashed Hopes – Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
- Cannonball Rally – Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
- Roadside Assistance – Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
- Landscape Architect – Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
- BOD – Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
- Designated Driver – Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
- King of the Hills (Bronze) – Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
- Red Ball Express (Silver) – Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
- Road Runner (Gold) – Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round