MotorStorm Apocalypse revealed; welcome to ‘The City’
We first saw the off-road racer in the heart of the fictional Monument Valley. Then came ‘The Island’ in MotorStorm Pacific Rift. Now things are getting more extreme than ever with the introduction of ‘The City’ in MotorStorm Apocalypse.
You might be wondering how a city could be considered extreme. Obviously you’ve never seen 2012 (rightfully so) because we imagine the courses in Apocalypse will be similar to the crumbling Los Angeles depicted in the film.
Buildings will crash all around you. Earthquakes will alter the terrain in real-time. We believe the PlayStation.Blog sums it up quite nicely.
Buggies using collapsing walls as half-pipes. Big Rigs on the rooftops of skyscrapers as they collapse. Superbikes gunning into the basements of enormous rifts. Supercars flicking on their headlights to barrel through the subways and sewers. Multi-vehicle pile ups on giant bridges as they buckle and twist. Driving through someone’s office and smashing up their desks. It’s all there.
No race is ever the same in MotorStorm Apocalypse. If a building collapses, it remains a heap of rubble for future races.
Joining the deep single-player campaign is the overhauled Wreckreation mode that includes tons of features that fans have been asking for throughout the series.
- Sixteen player online multiplayer.
- Four player split-screen.
- Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.
- Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.
- Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.
- A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.
- Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.
- Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.
- A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.
MotorStorm Apocalypse is currently set for an early 2011 release. We’ll be sure to bring you all the E3 coverage of the game over the course of next week.