Square Enix teaming up with Obsidian for Dungeon Siege 3
The Dungeon Siege franchise has spawned a number of popular titles and expansions on the PC over the years. With the gaming industry moving towards many third party titles becoming multiplatform, it comes as no surprise that for the first time ever, Dungeon Siege 3 will be released on all major consoles.
With original creator Chris Taylor acting as advisor, Obsidian Entertainment with the help of Square Enix plan to bring the dungeon crawler to as wide an audience as possible.
Ehb, once a powerful and mighty kingdom, is now falling apart due to a shift in the balance of power. It’s up to you as a member of the 10th Legion to restore peace to the kingdom and save it from falling into the darkness. This means you’ll be traveling across the land, destroying all sorts of villains and monsters along the way.
- For the first time, play DUNGEON SIEGE on high-def consoles
- Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer
- Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver
- Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from
- Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them
- Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story
HD graphics, two player co-op, and multiplayer? Sounds pretty good so far. Judging from the screens below, there’s going to be a lot of exploring to do.