FirstPlay Thursday – Week 16
Disappointingly, there are no game reviews at all this week, although there are more previews than normal, which feature Dead Rising 2, Mafia II, and Vanquish.
The screenshot galleries are also pretty strong this week, with something for everyone and no filler to speak of. However, the highlights are two of the industry’s most anticipated racers, MotorStorm: Apocalypse and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.
As always, this episode can be purchased for 99p, or you can save some money by taking out a 90-day subscription for £8.99.
Download size of Episode 16 = 1214MB
The complete contents of this week’s episode are as follows:
HD Reviews and Previews
Dead Rising 2 preview – do NOT watch this if you’re squeamish… seriously
Mafia II preview – get made in 1940s America – as a side note, it’s hard to believe that the original Mafia came out eight years ago
Vanquish preview – proving that ‘awesome quick-time-event’ is not an oxymoron
Wolfman Blu-Ray review – we get the feeling that FirstPlay only decided to review this so they could rip it to shreds – 3/10
How to get rich in Red Dead Redemption – more tips on how to go far in Rockstar’s epic Western
Video Store Round-up – bet you haven’t heard of all of these
- Capitalism: A Love Story – it’s anti-capitalism, but we still have to pay for it? Oh, the irony.
- Ninja Assassin – CGI-tastic; yes, that’s a word (that we invented)
- Crazy Heart – grim watching, but all the better for it
- Leap Year – a romantic comedy without any romance or comedy
- Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief – wait, wasn’t this reviewed just two weeks ago? Okay then.
PSP Comics – FirstPlay’s pick of the PSP’s Digital Comic Store
- Thor #6: Wandering Gods – solid story-telling and lots of violence
- Hope Falls: Issue #1 – has a satisfying B-movie feel
- Walk-In: Issue #1 – a heady trip of a comic
- Devi: Issue #1 – women fighting demons, whilst wearing very little clothes? Sold!
- Snake Woman: Issue #1 – Issue #0 is free, so there’s no excuse not to try this one out (unless you don’t have a PSP)
Skate Tricks and Bails – honestly, some of these have to be seen to be believed
FIFA 11 – apparently they’ve improved passing and cornering… again
Final Fantasy XIV – sure, XI was good, but XIV could potentially be incredible
MotorStorm: Apocalypse – rivalling Split/Second for PS3’s most destructive racer
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit – Criterion takes on EA’s other big racing series, and the results are inevitably impressive
FirstPlay Bayonetta Theme (pictured below)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
All sales made through PS3 Attitude help our charity fund