Yet another MAG update inbound
It seems like it was just last week that Zipper brought us a cool update… oh wait, it was. Regardless, they’re bringing another and it’s even bigger than the previous.
Both Sony and Zipper have stated repeatedly that despite the lack of major retail success with MAG, they will continue to support it for a very long time.
Last week, they proved it by giving us an update that changed the Sabotage game-type to neutral, which is something fans have been clamoring for since the game launched.
Yesterday, Zipper backed up their promise yet again by announcing that patch 1.07 will be hitting the servers in early August. With it comes an entire host of tweaks and changes that players have been requesting. Check out the full list below:
- A new “Happy Hour” Double XP bonus that’s applied to the first hour of any player’s gameplay session in a 24-hour period.
- Suppression will join Sabotage as a “Faction Neutral” gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map.
- Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way.
- Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits.
- New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments.
- Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG’s overall performance.
A lot of people out there are still playing this intense shooter, so it’s fantastic to see the game’s developer continue to support it this way.
The best part? The update is free and will be downloaded to your console automatically when you plug the game in.
Based on our last MAG-related article, it’s obvious we’ve got some fans out there that are still frequenting this game. Let’s hear it from you. What do you think of this update?
If you haven’t read our review of the game, you can find it here.