Yun and Yang coming to Super Street Fighter IV arcade, chances of a console release?
According to the SSFIV blog, future developments regarding the console version will be announced at TGS. Will the changes from the arcade version make it as DLC? Although nothing is confirmed yet, it does seem likely.
According to andriasang, the most recent SSFIV blog post discusses the arcade version location test, alternate costumes, and the future of the console version. Unfortunately, we have to wait until the Tokyo Game Show for more details. The only new content confirmed for the console version right now are the new alternate costumes.
Yoshinori Ono, the producer for Super SFIV, recently replied to a tweet regarding downloadable content for the console version. The response does nothing but fuel the speculation and hope.
We’ll see what we can do about arcade ver.DLC for PS3/360.
This wouldn’t be the first fighting game to release a new character as DLC. As you may or may not know, Makoto was added to BlazBlue Continuum Shift last month and she was well worth the price. What could possibly prevent Capcom from doing the same thing with SSFIV?
For those unfamiliar with Yun and Yang, they are characters from the Street Fighter III series. There is no word on other characters being added to the game as of yet. Even more interesting are the balance changes to the arcade version. Eventhubs has a compiled list of the changes so far:
- Yun’s Super is the infamous Genei Jin from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Some people claimed they saw a combo where this took off 50% life.
- Zangief’s EX Green Hand no longer knocks down.
- Hakan’s Oil Shower stacks, i.e. it can be applied multiple times, which adds to the overall time it stays on. Also, he has a Kick follow up after applying Oil. Another follow up option after Hakan’s slide allows the choice between doing more damage or oiling up again. Also, he can reportedly combo Standing Light Kick into his Oil Shower.
- Yang and Yun have their Third Strike target combos.
- Yun apparently feels sluggish, like Makoto in SSF4.
- Seth’s Jumping Hard Punch is gone… it wasn’t clear what exactly this was replaced with.
- The distance Blanka flies away after a blocked Beast Roll has been cut in half.
- Ryu and Akuma’s Air Hurricane Kicks are no longer as effective for escaping bad situations.
- Juri’s Kick Fireball seems easier to combo with now.
- Hakan’s 360 command grab with Kick can be canceled. This is where he runs in place and if you let go of the button he attempted to jump towards his opponent and grab them.
- E. Honda’s Ultra 2 Oicho Throw has had its command changed from a 720 rotation to a 2x half-circle back motion.
Ono-san has also been revealing concept art for the new alternate costumes coming to Super Street Fighter IV over the past few days. Chun-Li’s Street Fighter Alpha costume is definitely a welcome addition, although we already knew it was coming.
Check out the screenshots below. We imagine catwoman Cammy will be quite popular.
Update: The people at SRK have listed even more gameplay changes. You can read all about it here. Remember, these changes are not final.