FirstPlay Thursday – Week 34
FirstPlay has gone reviews crazy this week, with reviews of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, recent SingStar releases, and a whole host of the second wave of PlayStation Move titles, including TV Superstars, The Fight: Lights Out and The Shoot.
There’s also an online review of FIFA 11, an interesting feature on the difficulty of awarding review scores, screenshot galleries of Dungeon Siege III and Operation Flashpoint: Red River, and even a free minis title, Beam’em Up.
As always, this episode can be purchased for 99p, or you can save some money by taking out a 90-day subscription for £8.99.
Download size of Episode 34 = 1353MB
The complete contents of this week’s episode are as follows:
HD Reviews and Previews
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit review – the best Need for Speed game in years – 9/10
SingStar reviews – a round-up of recent SingStar releases
- SingStar Dance – great fun, especially in multiplayer – 7/10
- SingStar Guitar – a fun spin on SingStar, but obviously can’t compete with Guitar Hero and Rock Band – 7/10
PlayStation Move Action Round-up – FirstPlay’s verdict on some recent Move games
- TV Superstars – a great guilty pleasure in multiplayer – 6/10
- The Fight: Lights Out – unfortunately not as accurate as it should be – 6/10
PlayStation Move Shooter Round-up – FirstPlay’s verdict on even more Move games!
- Time Crisis: Razing Storm – just not as enjoyable as it used to be – 4/10
- The Shoot – very simple, but much more fun than its above rival – 7/10
FIFA 11 online review – technically strong, but only if you play with and/or against the right people – 9/10
Personal: Deciding the Score – Nathan Ditum, Associate Editor of FirstPlay, discusses why reviewing games isn’t always as easy as it may seem
minis Round-up – more miniature games for your miniature console (or PS3)
- Urbanix – an addictive constructive puzzler
- For Commander: Counterattack – a solid tower defence game
- Apache Overkill – a decent but not great side-scrolling shoot ‘em up
- Beach Buzzin’ Chopper – the less said about this the better
Video Store Round-up – more recent releases from the PSN Video Store
- 220.127.116.11. – heavily contrived and not particularly enjoyable
- Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans – a stellar picture
- Centurion – loads and loads of fighting; what more do you need?!
Dungeon Siege III – looks to be a great role-playing time sink
Homefront – could potentially be 2011’s biggest shooter…
Operation Flashpoint: Red River – … but not if Codemasters has anything to do with it
Test Drive Unlimited 2 – if we could make any game a reality, it’d be this one
- FirstPlay Red Dead Undead Nightmare Theme (pictured below)
- Beam’em Up (minis)
- Def Jam Rapstar feature with OPM’s Rachel Penny
All sales made through PS3 Attitude help our charity fund