Augusta National coming to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 is to feature, for the first time in the franchise’s history, the world-renowned Masters Tournament, held at the Augusta National Golf Club. Now finally, golf fans will have the opportunity to challenge for the iconic Green Jacket.
The Road to the Masters is the main theme behind Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters’s career mode. You begin your career on the amateur tour before working your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour, and the PGA Tour. On the road you will be joined by your trusted Caddie, who will play a more prominent role this time round compared to previous games in the series.
Here are some of the new features and enhancements EA Tiburon has been working on for PGA Tour 12: The Masters:
· Masters Moments Play through memorable, historic moments as players try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.
· Tiger at the Masters Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
· The Caddie Experience Behind every great golfer is a trusted and reliable caddie. Players will have a caddie by their side on every swing, providing strategic advice, from shot selection to reading greens, helping them become a more successful golfer.
· The Closest Thing to Being There For the first time ever, EA SPORTS™ utilized a new state-of-the art laser scanning technology at Augusta National Golf Club to laser scan every hole featured in the game. This will provide players with the most authentic digital representation of the Tournament and Par 3 courses. Every tree, every azalea and every undulation in every green was recreated down to the smallest detail.
· Championship Courses Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
· Career Mode The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.
The big draw, that EA Sports is most excited about, is the acquisition of Augusta. “For more than a decade, the Masters Tournament has been the most requested and coveted feature for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise among our fans,” said Peter Moore, president of EA Sports. “Pairing the number one golf video game franchise with the most prestigious golf tournament in the world is a perfect marriage and we’re thrilled to bring our fans this exciting opportunity to experience Augusta National Golf Club like never before.”
The Masters Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club, since its creation in 1934 by Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts, has been one of golf’s most famous events. Its addition is a fantastic way for EA Sports to celebrate its 20 year partnership with the PGA Tour.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters will be multiformat, but the PlayStation 3 version will have the edge due to its compatibility with PlayStation Move. There is also an exclusive collector’s edition on the way, which will have five additional courses alongside The Masters.
You can expect Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters to arrive in stores in North America on 29 March and worldwide on 1 April.
Check out the Augusta National Screenshots below…