Free Brink ‘Agents of Change’ DLC launches today
The first batch of DLC for Brink launches today on the EU PSN Store. It was released yesterday in the US. The Agents of Change DLC will add two new maps, Founders’ Tower and Labs, as well as five new player abilities, two new outfits, and two weapon attachments. And the great news is that it is completely free. You can’t knock a freebie.
That is, it will be free for two weeks only, and after that you will have to pay. Top tip: even if you don’t want to use it for a while, and you don’t want it to take up space, start downloading it anyway. It will always be free as long as you have started the download at least once in the first two weeks. You can delete it or cancel halfway through. You can always re-download the DLC at a later date.
The new content for of the Agents of Change DLC is detailed below:
- Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
- Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities
- UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
- Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
- Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
- Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
- Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments
- Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
- Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits
- The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
- The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police lawmen.
Splash Damage has also released a massive update for Brink that covers a wide range of issues. You’ll find the the complete list of changes below, but more details can be found on the Splash Damage blog:
- Optimized snapshot sizes to reduce bandwidth usage
- Improved network syncing when placing HE charges and hack devices
- Fixed issue with Bot AI continually dropping
- Gave Freeplay game mode bots a fixed difficulty (rather than time-based scaling)
- Extensive weapon balance changes
- Changed default matchmaking from “My Rank” to “My Rank or Higher”
- Removed the “Advanced” config from the list to reduce number of matchmaking buckets
- Added Stopwatch review screen
- Changed stopwatch rules to keep track of number of objectives during calculation of winning team
- Removed the delay when team switching in match warm-up
- Added/moved respawn and time limit values into Netvars for future tweaking
- Added body-type health to the netvars for future tweaking
- Updated Terminal & Reactor to work with changes to atmosphere code
- Fixed Light body types being able to wield Heavy weapons
- Fixed Combat Intuition ability revealing disguised Operatives
- Fixed several stat reporting issues
- Fixed bullets’ point of impact varying from client to client
- Fixed overtime not kicking in on Shipyard 1st objective
- Fixed overtime not ending on Reactor when the hackbox is removed
- Fixed bots not performing objectives on Security Tower after map migration
- Fixed issue with diminishing returns on wall jumps not being applied
- Fixed incorrect command post screens being shown after cutscenes
- Added support for dummy sound files to improve loading times in FIGS
- Fixed being able to place mines on certain walls
- Fixed 3rd person hacking animation not playing
- Fixed being able to see through walls when peeking
- Fixed an issue with FIGS voiceovers not always being played
- Fixed some logic bugs in stopwatch winner calculations
- Fixed objective completion count on Aquarium
- Fixed player nametags disappearing after flash bang even when they are not affected
- Fixed default save data icon not being displayed
- Fixed thin white bar found to the extreme right of round edged UI boxes
- Fixed conflicts in the French code.lang causing some default strings to appear
- Fixed dark shadow-band appearing on narrow fields-of-view
- Fixed debug text appearing at the end of the credits