Red Dead Redemption: GotY Edition coming this October
Just in case you haven’t played this amazing game yet, Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be hitting store shelves next month, packed with tons of extra content so you can catch up.
Set for release on October 11 in North America and on October 14 in Europe, the GotY Edition will include the original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode as well as all of the following:
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
- Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
- Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges;
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Seeing as a typical playthrough of the game can take you upwards of 30 hours, you’ll be spending a whole lot of your time exploring this Western frontier.
There’s no mention of a price point for the GotY Edition but we speculate it will sell for current price of the game, around $40 or £25.