Capcom shares its wares at San Diego Comic-Con 2012
Capcom has announced in a press release that they will be in San Diego, California at Comic-Con 2012 Thursday, 12 July through Saturday, 15 July. Capcom will makes its presence known with several playable demos for all of their big E3 reveals and several panels scheduled throughout each day.
If you are one of those lucky attendees of San Diego Comic-Con 2012, Capcom will be situated at booth # 4844. Expect demos for Resident Evil 6, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet 3, Okami HD, Street Fighter X Tekken on PS Vita, and more so they say. Take a look at Capcom’s panel schedule below to coordinate your Comic-Con 2012 visitation.
Thursday, 12 July:
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Celebration (Room 6BCF) – “Experience the exclusive features in the PS Vita and iOS versions of Street Fighter X Tekken and battle on the go! A few lucky fans will be selected to take part in the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Trivia Contest hosted by Tomoaki Ayano(Street Fighter X Tekken Producer) and Yoshinori Ono (Street Fighter Series Executive Producer) to win awesome prizes or face incredible shame before all of Street Fighter fandom! Plus, some surprises!”
- 6:15pm – 7:15pm: How to get a Job in the Video Gaming Industry (Room 6A) – “Moderator Francis Mao (CAPCOM) leads a panel of industry insiders from a variety of game companies and industry outlets to share with you how they got to ‘play video games for a living,’ and the wide assortment of career paths that are available so you don’t have to be a programming whiz or a stellar digital artist in order to have a fun career in the video game industry. Hear about what job opportunities are available in areas such as such as Public Relations, Marketing, Retail, Publishing, Editorial and more! Hear from actual SDCC fans from past years that are now in the industry! There will be a Q&A session plus an opportunity to speak with and network one-on-one with the panelists after the session.”
Friday, 13 July:
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm: The Fear and Horror of Resident Evil 6 (Room 25ABC) – “The latest installation of the blockbuster Resident Evil video game franchise arrives this October! Get a behind the scenes look of the most ambitious CAPCOM title to date from producers Hiroyuki Kobayashi – Executive Producer and Yoshiaki Hirabayashi – Producer, plus Miguel Corti – Localization Director. Make sure to arrive early and receive access to exclusive information, live gameplay demos, a trailer premiere and some surprises! Q&A session to follow.”
Saturday, 14 July:
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Capcom’s Lost Planet 3 & DmC – Devil May Cry: Westward Bound (Room 24ABC) – “Capcom takes the Lost Planet and Devil May Cry franchises in exciting new directions by partnering with Western Development Partners. LOST PLANET 3 releases early next year with a gripping new storyline that provides fans with untold truths from previous Lost Planet games. Set in the frozen tundra of E.D.N. III, the game takes the franchise back to its roots, making gamers rethink everything they thought they knew about it. Come join Capcom producer Andrew Szymanski, and a member of the development team from Spark Unlimited and ‘Go Beyond Survival!’ PLUS! DmC Devil May Cry Producer Motohide Eshiro and North American Producer Alex Jones along with series’ director Hideaki Itsuno bring you the ultimate stylish action game. Detailing Dante’s early years and set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cry retains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series. Come and witness Dante chain together combo after combo with panache as he dispatches the demonic spawn back to hell. See what the game has in store for you January 15, 2013. It’s time to ‘Face Your Demons.'”
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: The World of Capcom! (Room 25ABC) – “Moderator Francis Mao (CAPCOM) leads a panel of Capcom’s producers and product managers to share trailers and sneak peeks of all the hot, new upcoming CAPCOM games featuring Resident Evil 6, DmC, Lost Planet 3, Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita) and more! Plus, a few surprises! Followed by a Q&A session.”
How could you not get excited for all the awesome panels Capcom has in store for San Diego Comic-Con 2012? With games, movies, and comic books all flooding this solitary event, attendees better be wearing their walking sneakers under all that spandex and body paint. Still, we must wonder, is Comic-Con the right venue for video games or should the industry as a whole put more support behind the games industry showcases like E3? Let us know in the comments section…