JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure getting the HD treatment this August
Hot on the heels of the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle reveal comes the announcement of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD.
It was originally released in the arcades in 1998 before an updated version arrived on the PSone in 1999; the 2D figther got up to its not-so-normal antics again in 2000, this time on the Dreamcast.
Like a lot of remastered Capcom games, such as the upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom Origins collection, JoJo’s will come packed with an onslaught of new features, including:
- Online matchmaking which allows you to choose opponents based on their location, connection speed and skill level
- Upgraded HD visuals
- The option to play with the new sparkling HD looks or in its original jagged form, just like the Monkey Island remasters
- Global leaderboards affected by how many player points or battle points you have earned
- An eight-player lobby system so others can watch your battles and join in when somebody has lost
- The ability to save match replays and share them online
Whilst there is no denying that the game is offering a lot for those interested, the price could be the deciding factor on whether or not you fancy revisiting this.
It will be available to purchase from PSN on 21 August in North America for $19.99 and in Europe on 22 August for £15.99.
Will you be buying this? Is the price a deal-breaker? Whatever your thoughts, let us know in the usual place below.