GC2012; PSone Classics coming to Vita on August 28 with Update v1.80
Vita support for PSone Classics will be available with System Software Update v1.80, Sony announced today at their GamesCom press conference. In addition to Classics support, the new update will also add a few new features, supported files, and alterations that’ll make the Vita all the better.
The biggest addition is the ability to use the Vita as a controller for the upcoming LittleBigPlanet 2 DLC. As a Cross-Controller, the Vita will be capable of displaying pertinent information on the screen along with the ability to use touchscreen controls for new ways of play. LittleBigPlanet 2 is currently the only announced game that will take advantage of this feature but it’s possible that others will follow.
Other features include:
- Ability to control the home screen and some other applications with the system buttons.
- Support for playlists in Music.
- Rear touchpad operation for the web browser, allowing you to scroll and zoom without obscuring the screen.
- Playback Speed Control and Repeat Play added to Video controls.
- MPO format support in Photos.
- Group Messaging layout enhancements and photo attachment support.
- Additional Maps and “near” support.
For a full detailed description of everything that’s being added in Update v1.80, head on over to the PlayStation.Blog.