Get the full BioShock experience with the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition
In preparation for BioShock Infinite‘s March 26, 2013 release, Irrational Games has announced a compilation of all previously released BioShock content in a single packaged dubbed the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. This edition features both BioShock and BioShock 2 along with all its downloadable content plus a few new surprises to get fans excited for BioShock Infinite.
The new content includes a never-before-seen interactive BioShock museum filled with concept art, character models, and more set within Rapture. You’ll also receive a set of exclusive stickers from BioShock Infinite‘s Columbia. All of this will be available on January 14 in North America for the low price of $29.99. 2K Games advises us that while no release date has been given, the Ultimate Rapture Edition will be coming to “some international territories at a later date” so just hang in there Europe.
As for DLC, the original BioShock will include:
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
BioShock 2 will include:
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
For more information, you can visit BioShock‘s official website.