Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 adds new golfers, courses, LPGA and more
EA Sports is pulling no punches with the list of enhancements and additions to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14. The next iteration in the licensed PGA Tour series will come with full PlayStation Move motion controller support and is expected to release on 26 March in North America, 28 March worldwide.
Last year PS3Attitude shared some beginners tips on how to conquer the Tiger Legacy Challenge. This year that may be a bit more complicated. EA has just announced today that the next in the series will offer a new Legends of the Majors series where players can take on nine of histories greatest golf legends including Tiger Woods, Sam Snead, Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones, Lee Trevino, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer.
Anyone new to the series will be spoiled as PGA Tour 14 allows gamers to play historical events in all four majors: the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship, and the PGA Championship. Mike Taramykin, vice president of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, goes as far as to say, “Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Masters Edition makes a return featuring additional courses and more. But the standard version already has too many new features to talk about, so take a look at them all as they appeared in the press release:
- More Championship Courses – Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc – a total of 20 courses.
- Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
- Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
- Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
- Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history,Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
- Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
- Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
- Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
Development for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 is being handled by EA Tiburon in Florida and will retail for $59.99/£49.99 when it releases 26 March in North America, 28 March worldwide. Let us know which features excite you the most in the comments section below. Were you hoping for the next Tiger Woods to come to Vita like us?