PS3 Attitude Awards 2013: Vote for ‘Best Developer’
This year’s nominations for BEST DEVELOPER include…
- IO Interactive is responsible for the Hitman franchise and its resurrection in 2012. Sure, Hitman: Absolution had its fair share of controversy but IO Interactive still managed to return Agent 47 to his stealth killing roots.
SCE Bend Studio
- SCE Bend Studio is most known for the Syphon Filter franchise but they more recently brought the Uncharted franchise to the Vita with Golden Abyss. It’s a game that Naughty Dog would be very proud of, and certain one of the Vita’s best titles.
SCE Studio Liverpool
- While SCE Studio Liverpool is sadly no more, they went out with a bang in the form of WipEout 2048, one of the Vita’s launch titles. The quality of the game even surpassed that of its PS3 counterpart and for that, the studio should be commended.
- Superbot was tasked with one of the most ambitious PS3 titles to date with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The game brought nearly 19 years worth of PlayStation nostalgia together in one serious fighter on both the PS3 and PS Vita.
- thatgamecompany has always managed to impress audiences with their unique game ideas. In 2007 we got Flow. In 2009 we got Flower. This past year we went on a Journey. We simply can’t wait to see where thatgamecompany will take us in the future.
- Team Ninja had a busy 2012 adding a third chapter to the Ninja Gaiden series, revisiting an old favorite on the Vita with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and the (in)famous fighter Dead or Alive 5. Their games have always pushed their respective console’s graphics to the limit, so it’s no surprise to see them included on the nomination list.
- Treyarch is responsible for this year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Regardless of your feelings towards the game, the Call of Duty franchise is one of game’s biggest launches of the year, every year.
- Ubisoft Montreal is responsible for both Assassin’s Creed III and Far Cry 3, which are without a doubt Ubisoft’s two biggest games of 2012. Both games have taken their respective franchises to the next level, making Ubisoft Montreal one of the largest developers on our list.
United Front Games
- United Front Games is known for their karting experience on the PS3, but they also rolled the dice and took a chance with the new IP Sleeping Dogs. The open world game took us to the gang infested streets of Hong Kong, and for that we thank them.
- Zen Studios are champions when it comes to two things; pinball and DLC. Their constant support of Zen Pinball 2 over the year with new tables, features, and updates is unmatched. With the recently announced Star Wars franchise coming to Zen Pinball, 2013 is shaping up nicely for them as well.
While our team of writers have chosen the nominations for all the categories, we’re letting you, our dear readers, have the final say in who wins the PS3 Attitude Award. The polls will remain open until February 22nd ad midday UK time, when we’ll then announce our winners.
In order for a game to be nominated, said game must have been released in the US or EU territories between 1st December 2011 and 30th November 2012.
Be sure to check out all the categories and vote for your favorite nominations as we announce them!