PS3 Attitude Awards 2013: Vote for ‘Best Graphics’
There are many things that make a great game including gameplay, plot, and of course, graphics. As we near the end of the current generation of consoles, developers are without a doubt maxing out their visual capabilities.
This year’s nominations for BEST GRAPHICS are…
- Borderlands 2 may not have the most realistic looking graphics but the cell-shaded cartoonish visuals of Pandora make a perfect fit for the humor filled RPG. Bold colors and stunning landscape visuals will make you wish the real world looked this good.
Dead or Alive 5
- Regardless of what one might think of the skimpy outfits the fighters wear, it’s difficult to argue that Dead or Alive 5′s visuals are some of the best in the series. The visuals make it more than just a fighting game, but a spectacle worth watching.
Final Fantasy XIII-2
- The Final Fantasy series has always been known for its superb visuals and Final Fantasy XIII-2 is no exception. Traveling across the various worlds and through time really shows the diverse work the artists put into the game.
- When you’re sneaking around places you shouldn’t be, attention to detail is the most important aspect needed when trying not to get caught. Hitman: Absolution nails the visuals beautifully.
- Journey is simply stunning in its visual presentation. There isn’t really much that needs to be said about it. Go have a look for yourself.
Mass Effect 3
- Mass Effect 3 nails down human characters that convey a whole range of emotions and facial structures. In a game so heavily focused on storytelling and dialogue, that is an absolute must.
- Hong Kong never looked so good in a game before. Sleeping Dogs does a wonderful job at recreating the city and surrounding environments to mold one of the year’s most exciting new IPs.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Golden Abyss demonstrates the power of the PS Vita with fantastic visuals that rival even that of the PS3. There’s no better game to show off the handheld system with, especially considering how easy it is to take screenshots with.
- The high velocity futuristic aesthetic of the WipEout franchise looks its best in WipEout 2048. Whether you’re on the go or relaxing at home, the game takes full advantage of the Vita’s OLED screen.
While our team of writers have chosen the nominations for all the categories, we’re letting you, our dear readers, have the final say in who wins the PS3 Attitude Award. The polls will remain open until February 22nd ad midday UK time, when we’ll then announce our winners.
In order for a game to be nominated, said game must have been released in the US or EU territories between 1st December 2011 and 30th November 2012.
Be sure to check out all the categories and vote for your favorite nominations as we announce them!