PS3 Attitude Awards 2013: Vote for ‘Best New IP’
While it’s easy to get excited for an upcoming sequel or remake of our favorite video game franchises, it’s the new IPs and the thought of experiencing something completely fresh that make gaming what it is.
This year’s nominations for BEST NEW IP are…
- Developed by SEGA, Binary Domain explores a futuristic Tokyo that has been invaded by deadly robots. You lead a group of solders tasked with saving humanity from being destroyed by the machines.
- Developed by Atlus, Catherine blends puzzles with romance and deadly nightmares. Yeah, that sounds about right when describing relationships. While North Americans enjoyed the game in the later half of 2011, Europeans didn’t get to see what all the fuss was about until 2012.
- Developed by Arkane Studios, Dishonored blended Assassin’s Creed with steampunk in an RPG environment where you play the game however you wanted. No kills? No problem.
- Developed by SCE Japan Studio, Gravity Rush makes use of everything the Vita has to offer. Excellent toughscreen controls and a fantastic story made adding this game to our nominations list a no-brainer.
- Developed by thatgamecompany, Journey takes you on one of most visually pleasing experiences on the PS3. The stunning visuals and innovative multiplayer show that digital titles can compete side-to-side with their big AAA disc counterparts.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- Developed by the now defunct 38 Studios, Kingdoms of Amalur was a refreshing RPG filled with plenty of variety and customization. The only shame is that we won’t see anything else from the development team.
Papo & Yo
- Developed by Minority, Papo & Yo proves that video games can tackle serious subjects such as alcoholism. It’s a game that’s not necessarily enjoyable at moments, but one definitely worth experiencing.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Developed by Superbot Entertainment, PlayStation All-Stars is so much more than a mere Smash Bros. clone. It’s a game that’s suitable for everyone, whether you’re a casual player just looking to get in a few matches or a more serious competitor looking to master a specific character.
- Developed by United Front Games, Sleeping Dogs features an engrossing story in a huge open world. We wouldn’t be surprised if there were more trips to Hong Kong planned in our future.
While our team of writers have chosen the nominations for all the categories, we’re letting you, our dear readers, have the final say in who wins the PS3 Attitude Award. The polls will remain open until February 22nd ad midday UK time, when we’ll then announce our winners.
In order for a game to be nominated, said game must have been released in the US or EU territories between 1st December 2011 and 30th November 2012.
Be sure to check out all the categories and vote for your favorite nominations as we announce them!