PS3 Attitude Awards 2013: Vote for ‘Best Multiplayer Game’
The majority of games released this generation have had some form of multiplayer or another, whether that means aiming at your friend across the country in a first-person shooter game or teaming up with another to play through the story together.
This year’s nominations for the BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME are…
- Borderlands 2 allows for up to four players to join in and tackle missions together, whether they’re at level 3 or 33. Best of all, playing with a host whose further along in the story than you won’t interrupt your progression as you can jump back in whenever you like.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty has become synonymous with multiplayer. There are thousands of players online at any given time so finding a match suitable for your tastes couldn’t be easier. Plus, there are zombies, and who doesn’t like zombies?
- Journey integrates multiplayer so well into the game that many people don’t even realize they’re playing with someone else. No PSN IDs; no voice chat; only a single shout to guide you and your friend.
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
- LittleBigPlanet exemplifies multiplayer with its “Play, Create, Share” mantra and the PS Vita version has all the fun of the console version on the go. In addition to typical co-op multiplayer, the touchscreen can be utilized for local two player competitive games or the new “Pass’n'Play” mode.
May Payne 3
- May Payne 3 takes all the single player features from Max Payne and molds them together for a new multiplayer experience. Players can form crews with friends and connect to the Rockstar Social Club for extra online features.
- Sure, Mortal Kombat originally came out in 2011 but the Vita version lets you take your fighting skills on the road. In addition to all the kontent of the Komplete edition, the Vita version adds an additional Challenge Tower, making it the definitive Mortal Kombat.
Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Need for Speed Most Wanted incorporates multiplayer flawlessly into its open world map with the Autolog system. Players can race each other from all over the world and track friends’ scores and race times. Be careful, though. You might just land on somebody’s Most Wanted list.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is one of those games that was meant for multiplayer. While the story mode is decent, playing online or locally with friends is where the real fun is at.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- XCOM features one-on-one tactical battles between online opponents in which you can customize and launch your own forces to take over an enemy’s army. It’s the same fun and excitement of the single player campaign, but with a friend.
While our team of writers have chosen the nominations for all the categories, we’re letting you, our dear readers, have the final say in who wins the PS3 Attitude Award. The polls will remain open until February 22nd ad midday UK time, when we’ll then announce our winners.
In order for a game to be nominated, said game must have been released in the US or EU territories between 1st December 2011 and 30th November 2012.
Be sure to check out all the categories and vote for your favorite nominations as we announce them!